New capabilities have emerged to help organizations of all sizes — but especially large, dispersed organizations — to manage their security and compliance needs as well as their overall operational efficiency. Especially important is the way IT managers in the open-systems environment can also have easy, cost-effective access in real time to the wealth of operational and security data about their organizations that resides only on z/OS systems.
They can now search and analyze that log data alongside similar data coming from non-mainframe sources. This whitepaper discusses the key sources of operational and security data in z/OS and how that data can be sent via Syncsort Ironstream® to the Splunk data-integration platform. It discusses use cases such as:
- Reducing mean-time-to resolution of system problems.
- Monitoring of security and regulatory compliance.
- Compliance auditing of personal health information.
- Monitoring SLAs for execution of all batch job workloads.
- Monitoring security exposures within z/OS from the non-mainframe environment.