Process more data in less time while reducing overall MSU consumption with MFX for z/OS 2.1
For over four decades, Syncsort MFX has been the fastest, most efficient sort technology for IBM mainframes.
Since then, MFX has evolved through consistent innovation to exploit every significant hardware and operating system developments to process more data in less time while reducing overall MSU consumption.
Syncsort MFX for z/OS 2.1 leverages the latest advancements in mainframe technology, including IBM’s zHPF architecture and deeper exploitation of zIIP engines, to help you overcome the challenges of modern mainframe systems.
View this webinar on-demand for a review of the features and benefits of MFX for z/OS 2.1 and ZPSaver Suite:
- New ZPSaver Suite. A new suite of specialized utilities that allow you to offload Copy and SMS Compression work to zIIP processors, effectively reducing the workload on the main CP.
- Faster Performance. MFX 2.1 leverages the new IBM z Systems High Performance FICON (zHPF) architecture to reduce elapsed time.
- Enhanced OPTMODES. We have made significant enhancements to DSM optimization modes (OPTMODES) allowing you to optimize performance, based on what resources are important to you.
- Higher Developer’s Productivity. Additional data manipulation functions such as field type comparisons and parsed field identification; and 64-bit addressing allow your developers to get more done in less time.
- Easier installation & deployment. Administrators can now specify installation options in SYS1.PARMLIB. Multiple sets of options can be created allowing for greater flexibility.