Learn how to navigate the most common obstacles on the path to Hadoop ETL!
Hadoop is a great vehicle to extract value from Big Data. However, relying only on Hadoop and common scripting tools like Pig, Hive and Sqoop to achieve a complete ETL solution can hinder success.
Syncsort has worked with early adopter Hadoop customers to identify and solve the most common pitfalls organizations face when deploying Hadoop ETL.
- Hadoop is not a data integration tool
- MapReduce programmers are hard to find
- Most data integration tools don't run natively within Hadoop
- Hadoop may cost more than you think
- Elephants don't thrive in isolation