User Experience Designer
The User Experience Designer is responsible for all aspects of the user interface design process while working on various development projects. This individual will work closely with all others involved in the software development process to ensure delivery of high quality, usable software. The individual will also work with other designers to help determine and deliver best user experience design practices.
- Work collaboratively with other designers and engineers to provide the best design solution for the end user.
- Design a solution which meets requirements and accommodates the various user experience scenarios.
- Design user interfaces using documented and industry standards and trends
- Lead design reviews within a team environment
- Provide documentation needed to thoroughly communicate designs
- Conduct usability tests and iterate on designs based on input
- Build prototypes to document and test designs using Axure and/or HTML
- Demonstrate designs to customers and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in User Experience Design or Computer Science and design experience
- 3+ years industry experience preferred
- Ability to provide design solutions for moderately complex features
- Ability to produce results at a level commensurate with skill level consistent with industry standards
- Strong teamwork skills
- Results focused with good time management and personal management skills
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple priorities or focus and provide in-depth solutions
- Good self-management skills with the ability to show initiative and take responsibility for issues and problems
- Previous experience in design of commercial software preferred
- Graphic design experience a plus
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash).
- Web and/or mobile interface design experience.
- Knowledge of interface and UX design for web applications.
- Experience prototyping and documenting designs using Axure and/or HTML.
- Proven ability to create clean, efficient, accessible design aesthetically for web and mobile software applications.
- Ability to collaborate with other designers, strong work ethic, and team player.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and use initiative to get things done.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute in a complex, dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Proven experience in analyzing best practices and solving complex issues.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.