System Administrator - France
The System Administrator will report to the Manger of Systems Administration and will have a working relationship with all members of the company. The primary function of this position is to provide end-user support and associated services. Responsibilities also include troubleshooting hardware, operating system and software problems, administer departmental shared software and hardware, administer local servers and Active Directory and manage endpoint system backups.
Benefit to Organization
This position strengthens the Systems Administration Team by adding an important end-user support resource for the company’s continued growth. This person will add value in several areas including, employee productivity, systems management and technology advancement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to end-user requests for support
- Windows Operating Systems (7 and 10)
- Microsoft Office support and familiarization with Office 365 installation, deployment and administration
- Antivirus and antimalware
- Configuration of workstation ethernet and wireless connectivity for DNS, IPv4 and DHCP
- Administer/Maintain Workstations
- Active Directory domain join
- Hardware and Software maintenance
- Proactively monitor and maintain workstation backups
- Document issues and resolutions in the company ticketing system
- Desktop/Laptop build and support
- Deployment of new systems and administration of system deployment software
- Knowledge of Dell & Lenovo hardware
Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, detail-oriented, interpersonal skills, follow-through, planning, multitasking, and self-motivated. Candidate must be highly reliable and able to maintain a daily in-office presence.
Good working knowledge of all Windows based systems and software. Experience with Macs a plus. Good working knowledge of workstation networking. Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work within the structure of an IT team and provide outstanding end-user support. The appropriate candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the following:
- Proficiency in speaking and writing business English and business French is required.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Office 365 administration
- Monitoring/troubleshooting skills
- Active Directory Management
- Systems Deployment using SmartDeploy (or comparable)
- Knowledge of all computer components and peripherals
- Network printing
- Antivirus (Symantec Endpoint Protection) and Antimalware (Malwarebytes)
- The ability to reliably work independently and in a group scenario
- Ability to be part of an on-call support rotation and address emergency situations
- Ability to physically install computer systems including desktops, monitors, printers, etc.
- Willingness to travel to other offices in Europe and US headquarters.
Very strong plus
- Microsoft Licensing
- Active Directory Group Policy
- Mobile Device Management
- Windows Server
- VPN – SonicWALL/MS Direct Access
- Copier support including printing and scanning (Ricoh or similar)
- Scripting/development skills
- Microsoft Exchange – particularly in an Office 365 scenario
- Mitel IP Telephony
- Druva inSync endpoint backup (or comparable)
- Network switching
- Microsoft Intune
- WebEx Administration
Minimum 2 years of actual work experience in this role.
Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience and/or technical training