Syncsort is looking for an experienced System Administrator. The primary function of this position is to evaluate, design, and maintain the local area network and associated services. Responsibilities also include troubleshooting LAN/WAN and data network problems, administer departmental shared software and hardware, administer local servers, Active Directory, run necessary system backups and provide technical support for PCs and LAN network. This will be based out of the Burlington, Massachusetts office, and will report to the Manger of Systems Administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Installs, maintains and repairs the local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), voice mail systems, and all phone related equipment.
• Evaluates, installs and tests systems/network hardware and software.
• Integrates LAN/WAN and other information systems.
• Maintains data, software, and hardware security and emergency procedures.
• Sets up user accounts on company’s servers and runs necessary system backups.
• Maintains contact with end users to maximize network/systems utilization.
• Maintains/administers the company phone system.
2. Administers/Maintains servers in the local environment.
• Active Directory maintenance.
• Administers mail servers and database servers.
• Proactively monitors and maintain backup strategy in LAN environment.
• Document issues and resolutions in the System Resolution log.
• Reviews issues identified by SecureWorks and helps to resolve them.
3. Serves as troubleshooter on moderately complex local area network and voice network problems.
4. Assists in on-going assessment and upgrading of network and telecommunications systems. Researches, evaluates and recommends hardware and software for systems.
5. Desktop/Laptop build and support.
• Ensures desktops and laptops have latest service packs, updates and virus software.
6. End User technical support
• Supporting/administering any systems we build for clients or client team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, detail-oriented, interpersonal skills, follow-through, planning, multitasking, self-motivated.
• Good working knowledge of basic telecommunications and computer network procedures.
• Good working knowledge of technical telecommunications systems and computer LAN systems.
• Good communications and interpersonal skills.
• The appropriate candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the following:
• Deep knowledge of Microsoft architectures/environments
• Experience with routers and VPN
• Monitoring/troubleshooting skills
• Windows 2012 Server Admin
• WAN/ LAN / Network Admin
• Switches, Wiring
• Firewall Concepts (SonicWall and Cisco a plus)
• Server Sizing and Builds
• Virus Protection
• Skilled in creating technical documentation
Very Strong Plus:
• Database Administration
• DBA experience
• Scripting/development skills
• Minimum 4 years of actual work experience in this role.
• Computer Science Degree or relevant experience and/or technical training