Software Development Engineer - UK
Taunton, United Kingdom
Syncsort is looking for a Software Developer to work on our Capacity Management solution based out of our Taunton, United Kingdom office. In order to be considered for the position, the candidate must have previous experience in the computer software industry as well as experience with C#, SQL Server and programming.
athene® is used in major computer installations around the world across a variety of industries. Its purpose is to collect detailed performance metrics from a wide range of Operating Systems and Applications so that users can analyse, report on and model the data in order to get the best value out of their IT Infrastructure.
Working within a cross-functional SCRUM team, the Software Engineers main responsibility is the translation of customer requirements into software designs and working functionality. Development activities will be focused on our athene® application in a mix of technologies (predominantly C# and SQL Server). The application is a combination of client-server and browser based functionality, with an increasing emphasis on the browser and mobile.
The majority of time will be spent at our office in central Taunton, UK but there may be occasional travel both within the UK and international.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Translation of Business requirements into Functional Specifications, designs, and implemented functionality.
- Technical documentation
- Ongoing support and maintenance of all athene® applications
- Creation of Unit Tests
- Progress reporting in daily SCRUM Stand-ups
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the full Software Development Life Cycle
- Demonstrable, commercial programming experience
- SQL Server
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD)
- Agile Development Methodologies, ideally Scrum
- Entity Framework Code First
- UNIX/Linux shell
- Angular JS
- Unit testing, including use of mocking frameworks
- Experience with any IoC Container
- Team Foundation Server
- ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET Web API
- RESTful web services
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Self-starter but able to work in and contribute to a team
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and problem solve
- Good organisational skills with ability to manage time, and prioritise workload
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to agreed timescales
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to rapidly understand and assimilate new concepts