Senior Support Specialist
The Senior Support Specialist provides software technical support for Vision Solutions products to customers and/or partners by phone or email. This includes front line support answering basic to complex questions. The issues are recorded electronically in the Call Tracking database for call history and statistical reference. Possess a thorough knowledge of the company’s product and other applications used by customers. Strong knowledge of IBM i security required. Experience with Enforcive Enterprise Security or Cilasoft Suite preferred.
**This position can be remote in the US or in one of our local offices. Hours will be 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday Central time.
- Receives telephone calls and emails from customers and/or partners concerning technical issues. Opens service requests for each customer call and updates SRs in call tracking system on a consistent basis (daily or weekly – depending on the severity level).
- Takes ownership of customer inquiries by resolving moderate to complex issues. Proactively pushes to investigate issues with the customer using her/his knowledge. Places the effort required to get to the bottom of the problems and follows up consistently with customers as promised/agreed upon. Follows through on all commitments.
- Goes as far as possible to investigate and gather appropriate information, and if necessary, escalates internally. Responsible for understanding the Severity of the issue in order to escalate issues and /or gather the necessary information to resolve the issue through the internal escalation paths in a timely manner. Will provide escalation assistance.
- Keeps customers informed of how and when problems are resolved within the severity levels timeframe. Provides the customer all the steps taken to resolve the incident.
- Will be assigned to be the primary contact for specific accounts.
- Assists internal resources System Engineers, and/or Solution Architects during demonstrations, installations, machine upgrades and product upgrades remotely over the telephone and via E-mail.
- Interfaces heavily with development staff to test and resolve customer issues.
- Compose FAQ’s, document solutions, and knowledgebase items. Review of knowledgebase documentation prior to publication.
- Occasional travel is required for on-site customer assistance, certification, and/or educational seminars.
- Signs on to the phone system (ACD) during assigned online hours, adheres to assigned online hours to answer incoming customer calls.
- Communicates in a professional manner both verbally and in written form.
- Customer Care department provides 24-hour customer support, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. CSS must be available and participate in On-Call rotation “after hours” during the week and weekends.
- On an annual basis, participate with the SCP Support Center Practices departmental audit.
- Participate in development of new Customer Care processes and tools.
- Assist in training of new Customer Care team members.
- Works under minimum Supervision
Quality Related Responsibilities:
- Serves as the initial point of contact regarding product quality issues; documents product quality issues reported by the customer and/or partner, and refers quality issues to the appropriate departments to increase product quality.
- Ensures that all customers are operating with appropriate software release levels and fixes for reported problems.
- Bachelor’s degrees in Computer Science, Business or related field, advanced degree desirable or equivalent in technical certification with at least six to nine years of customer applications support experience. Bachelor’s degree may be substituted by experience. Technical experience should correlate with product related operating systems and databases.
- Technical background should include 5+ years of related experience.
- Strong knowledge of IBM i security required. Experience with Enforcive Enterprise Security or Cilasoft Suite preferred.
- Familiarity with peer-to-peer communications, object journaling, understanding of data and work management, general networking and security.
- Microsoft Windows NT and UNIX background desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office or compatible products.
- Good PC skills used for testing, troubleshooting, and product application programming.
- Proficient with windows 2000/XP.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Good working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- IBM products knowledge desirable.
- Familiarity with general networking and security.
- Six to Nine years experience working in a technical support role providing support on business critical software products desirable.
- Learns to resolve general technical problems via telephone support.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals. Ability to articulate and respond both verbally and in writing to common inquiries or complaints from customers and partners.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and professional colleagues.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, gather data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must possess highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work with an extensive variety of customers. Must be able to work with difficult customers and situations and still maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor when working with difficult or challenging customers. Heavy telephone usage.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Physical requirements associated with working for long time periods in front of a computer workstation.