Product Marketing Manager - Mainframe
The Product Marketing Manager establishes and leads the go-to-market vision, strategy and model to meet revenue targets and other strategic KPIs, working in close partnership with Product Management and the Corporate Marketing team. A primary responsibility of this position is setting the strategy for, and delivering, content required to enable the sales process, and to support demand generation and awareness campaigns. This position focuses on our growth products, including Syncsort Ironstream, which delivers Mainframe systems data to next -generation platforms like Splunk to enable the leading enterprise use cases, including IT Operations Analytics (ITOA), Enterprise Security, IT Service Intelligence (ITSI), and Internet of Things (IoT).
Experience and Skills:
- Market & Competitive Intelligence: Know our target audience, how they buy and their buying criteria. Know our partners, the competition and how to position related to them. Keep abreast of industry trends.
- Go-to-Market Strategy & Planning: Working closely with product management and the Corporate Marketing team, set the go-to-market strategy for the Mainframe product portfolio to revenue targets and defined business goals.
- Product Positioning and Messaging: Connect market and technology trends with our technology to develop product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonate with the buying audience. Ensure positioning is consistent through all channels of communication (sales materials, website, etc.).
- Content Generation: Based on target audience buying criteria, ensure we have the right content to market the Mainframe product portfolio and solutions. Identify gaps and develop plans for filling those gaps. Deliver high-quality product marketing materials and collateral (brochures, sales decks, web pages, etc.) and content to support our demand generation and awareness campaigns (ebooks, white papers, demo videos, blogs, etc.).
- Product Evangelism: Speak as subject matter expert on webinars, at tradeshows and events.
- Customer Marketing: Develop customer references, case studies, win wires for external and internal use. Help to lead Customer Advisory Board events, working with Product Management and Corporate Marketing.
- Sales Enablement: Ensure sales clearly understands and is able to articulate product positioning and differentiators. Enable sales with tools such as presentations, battle cards, canned demos, etc. Support sales cycle with unique messaging and content as needed.
- Product launches: Collaborate with product management to manage launch planning and execution with the Corporate Marketing team.
- Partnerships: Support product marketing activities with strategic partners, especially Splunk.
- Marketing Campaigns: Provide direction to, and collaborate closely with, the Corporate Marketing team (AR/PR, Demand Generation, Digital Marketing, Events) to meet product line business goals and KPIs. Includes budgeting, joint goal setting, joint planning, and tracking results from marketing efforts.
- Travel: Approximately 25 – 30%, depending on location
- 7+ years in B2B product marketing with related market/industry experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively articulate and demonstrate product value propositions and use cases.
- Proven project management experience and skills.
- Ability to both think strategically and execute.
- Goal-oriented, self-starter with positive attitude and strong team orientation.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and able to operate in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Ability to lead projects with multiple stakeholders across functional areas (marketing, sales, product management, support, etc.).