Product Marketing Director
Syncsort integrates mission-critical data from traditional data systems to next-generation analytical platforms, delivering business insights you can trust. This position specifically focuses on product marketing for the Syncsort Integrate portfolio of software products.
The Syncsort Integrate Product Marketing Director has extensive experience marketing data integration, data governance and/or “Big Data” enterprise software markets, and is proficient in developing compelling product positioning, value propositions, messaging and content for end users, sales, partners and influencers. This role partners closely with Product Management, Sales, Global Enablement, Demand Generation and Corporate Communications, to drive product growth through the delivery of high-quality content and market intelligence. While the Product Marketing Director works closely with the demand generation team, this is not a marketing campaigns/demand generation position.
This is a highly visible position with executive interaction, significant responsibility and opportunity for growth. The successful candidate demonstrates leadership, proactively collaborates across the organization to drive aggressive business goals, requires minimal direction and oversight, and picks up new concepts quickly. The Product Marketing Director must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment.
- Market Intelligence: Know the target audience and buyer personas, including how they buy and their purchase criteria. Know the competition and how to position against them. Keep abreast of industry trends. Transfer this knowledge to the rest of marketing, sales and other departments.
- Product Positioning and Messaging: Connect market and technology trends with our technology to develop product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonate with the buying audience. Transfer this knowledge to the rest of marketing, sales and other departments, and ensure positioning is consistent through all channels of communication (sales materials, website, etc.).
- Content Generation: Based on the targeted buyer personas, ensure we have the right content to market your product portfolio and relevant solutions. Deliver high-quality product marketing materials and collateral (brochures, presentations, web pages, etc.) and content to support our demand generation and awareness campaigns (ebooks, white papers, webcasts, videos, blogs, etc.).
- Sales Enablement: Ensure sales clearly understands, and can articulate, product value proposition and differentiators, tailored to target personas and business outcomes. Deliver sales enablement training sessions for new hires and on new product features/releases, along with supporting tools such as presentations, battle cards, canned demos, etc. Support sales cycle with unique messaging and content as needed.
- Customer Marketing: Develop customer references, case studies, win wires for external and internal use. Partner with Product Management on Customer Advisory Board communications and events.
- Product launches: Partner closely with Product Management on launch planning and execution, collaborating with the Corporate Marketing team.
- Partnerships: Support product marketing activities with strategic partners.
- Marketing Campaigns: Partner with the Demand Generation team to develop comprehensive marketing plans supporting lead generation and lead nurturing initiatives, including execution of campaign deliverables such as webinars, whitepapers, videos, etc. Leverage market knowledge to bring forward topics which drive product demand and corporate thought leadership.
- Influencer Relations: Partner with Corporate Communications on press and analyst briefings, analyst report RFIs, and press releases.
- Events: Partner with Corporate Events and Territory Marketing teams on event strategy, messaging, collateral, and evangelize the product portfolio at key events.
- Travel: Approximately 20%
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in marketing, communications, computer science or a related field
- 12+ years’ experience in B2B product marketing in the enterprise software industry (experience with Data Integration, Data Governance and/or “Big Data” software highly preferred)
- Experience supporting sales and go-to-market strategies with value propositions, messaging and content, as articulated in the job responsibilities, above
- Experience responding to inquiries from industry analysts and the media
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills to effectively articulate and demonstrate product value propositions and use cases
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Goal-oriented, self-starter with strong decision-making skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with cross functional and virtual teams