Inside Sales Representative - Big Data
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) will be responsible for conducting Strategic Business Development activities to new targets within both prospect and existing accounts, with the objective of introducing/positioning Syncsort’s products and services to key decision-makers to drive activity through the initial phases of the sales cycle and to create qualified opportunities for the field sales force. Activities will include conducting outbound calls, presentations and participating in demos and often, but not always, be associated with setting up an initial meeting between the prospect and the assigned Account Executive or Syncsort’s senior management executive.
This position requires regular contact (telephone/email) with customers and prospects, and will cover the west coast region. Hours for this position will be 9:30am-6:30pm central time. This position is highly-visible role and will report to Sr. Dir., Business Development – Americas.
Outbound Business Development
- Conduct Outbound Strategic Business Development in concert/communication with Account Executives, where the ISR will work with 2-3 Account Executives, with the objective of creating qualified opportunities for the sales force. This will often, but not always, be associated with setting up an initial meeting between the prospect and the assigned Account Executive.
Inbound Business Development
- Conduct Strategic Business Development as part of follow-up with customers and prospects who have responded to our Marketing Activities (Events & Tradeshows, Webcasts, Ads, Collateral on our website, Software Evals, etc.) with the objective of creating qualified opportunities for the sales force. This will often, but not always, be associated with setting up an initial meeting between the prospect and the assigned Account Executive.
All Business Development
- Work with Product Marketing and Sales teams to become knowledgeable in all Syncsort products and services such that the ISR is able to effectively and persuasively target the value proposition of Syncsort’s products and services to specified pain points for the right buyer profile and to communicate our products’ differentiation in a clear and compelling way that drives interest and results in qualified leads/initial meetings. This includes mastering product training as well as guideline call scripts for multiple products and multiple buyer profiles.
- Perform contact discovery where necessary as part of the Business Development process to more effectively target Business Development efforts (i.e. – prospect identification and discovery of contact information)
- Maintain daily activities in system of record, tracking interactions with prospects and customers (Experience with Microsoft Dynamics preferred)
- Provide daily/weekly updates to manager on individual activity
- Interact regularly with all areas of Marketing and Sales, including Operations team, to discuss the lead qualification process, and recommend improvements
- Work closely with the Marketing team in developing new ways to increase awareness of Syncsort’s products and services
- Drive participation to Syncsort’s events and set-up on-site meetings at tradeshows with Syncsort presence
Required Experience and Skills:
- Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a related field or equivalent work experience will be accepted for the education requirement
- 3-5 years of experience in the field
- Prior business development experience preferred
- Strong telephone and prospecting (cold-calling) skills
- Understanding of enterprise software a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Goal-oriented, highly confident, self-motivated
- Excellent organizational skills
- Adaptable to new challenges