Corporate Counsel – France
Join our team in France as Corporate Counsel with Syncsort, you review and negotiate complex customer and supplier contracts. You develop practical and creative solutions to meet Syncsort’s requirements related to commercial transactions. You work with other members of the Legal team to develop, implement and monitor compliance programs, and assist with acquisitions, due diligence and related integration activities. You help advise internal departments on various legal risks, business strategies, and other issues related to commercial transactions and compliance matters. Diligent and proactive, you bring excellent business judgment and strategic thinking, experience in complex contract review and negotiations with both legal and financial/commercial issues, as well as to acquisitions, due diligence and integration activities, along with initiative and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
Position is located in Paris, France and provides primary legal services to Syncsort’s European affiliates with a particular focus on France.
- Review, interpret, draft, revise, and negotiate various commercial contracts, including sales-side software licenses, maintenance and services agreements, order schedules, supplier-side content and technology licenses, consulting and services agreements, statements of work, reseller and distributor agreements, OEM agreements, and confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements.
- Collaborate with various internal departments, including Sales, Finance, Product Management, and Technology, to ensure accuracy and completeness of contract documents and compliance with company policies, procedures and risk tolerance.
- Respond to legal and contract requests from various internal departments, summarizing and communicating legal concepts, and advising on agreement structures, approval processes, company policies, and procedures.
- Keep abreast of new legislation and jurisdictional regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the design, development, implementation and monitoring of corporate policies, procedures and related training in collaboration with various internal departments and other members of the Legal team, such as the code of conduct, privacy and data protection, and anti-bribery and corruption.
- Perform reviews, risk assessments, and gap analysis of compliance processes to ensure effectiveness and identify deficiencies.
- Assist with review, localization and maintenance of standard form agreements, and assist other members of the Legal team with the review of non-standard agreements.
- Assist with acquisitions, due diligence and integration activities.
- Assist with corporate governance matters and legal entity management.
- French legal counsel with minimum of 5 or more years of experience, with minimum of 2 or more years of experience in a law firm, and experience in the legal department of an international organization, preferably a technology/software company.
- Strong transaction skills with a focus on software licensing and maintenance agreements and professional services agreements, and drafting and negotiating key intellectual property provisions in various forms of inbound and outbound licensing and partnership agreements.
- Experience executing compliance oversight responsibilities, including those related to privacy and data protection.
- Experience in dealing with complex cross border issues.
- Able to confidently and independently lead complex negotiations, and to raise and resolve issues directly, with client, partner and supplier representatives, primarily in support of Syncsort’s European affiliates.
- Experience anticipating and researching unique legal issues that may impact the company, advising executives in the company on a variety of legal matters, including in coordination with and managing outside counsel.
- Effective oral and written communications skills with the ability to work with, influence, and inform diverse groups.
- Able to effectively deal with a high-volume work-load, rapid cycles, multiple assignments, concurrent deadlines, and changing priorities, with flexibility to work outside of business hours with geographically dispersed colleagues, clients and suppliers.
- Self-starter, capable of taking on special projects and challenging assignments, and working effectively in an unstructured environment.
- Effective use of Microsoft Office applications, and experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Fluent in English and French.