Business Development Manager - Mainframe
Syncsort is seeking an experienced, senior-level Business Development Manager for our Mainframe Business Unit. The focus of this position will be to develop new and existing partners for our growing Mainframe product portfolio. Requirements may include international partner development. Our ideal candidate has a background in IBM z/OS software sales and related business development. The candidate should have some field sales experience in their background, as interacting and working with the field sales team will be critical. Direct experience in IBM z/OS Utility Software and z/OS Enterprise Software is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of partner/alliance management and strong ability to connect business strategy with specific opportunity development and progression.
- This specific position will be heavily engaged in new product introductions as Syncsort continues to grow its portfolio of products thru internal development and thru acquisitions. Candidate needs to have experience introducing new products to partners and building a partner ecosystem around the new product offerings.
- Significant experience in working with other functional areas of the company including sales, engineering, product management, legal & marketing.
- Passionate about selling technology products, highly collaborative, versatile, and results driven.
- Strong presentation skills, including the creation and customization of PPT presentations.
- Ability to build a business case inclusive of opportunity sizing, business model definition, and go-to-market strategy.
- Ability to manage a business development opportunity from identification through contracting and ongoing management against expected results.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Identify target partner audience, position segment specific message/content to the market, understand critical business issues, and determine the best methods to communicate in a compelling manner.
- Build a comprehensive strategic partner relationship from the ground-up, and manage day-to-day operations.
- Utilize core product messaging and materials to build appropriate partner-specific materials working with product marketing.
- Drive Partner Enablement through motivating the partner field sales, partner alliance management, and Syncsort sales & sales management.
- Work collaboratively with sales team to align resources as needed.
- Reflect activity and progress in CRM in accordance with the business model of the partnership; deliver regularly scheduled reviews of progress and metrics.
- Education: Business or Technical Undergraduate Degree required; MBA is a plus.
- Professional Experience: 10+ years sales and business development experience in a software development company. Minimum 5 years in sales and 5 years in Business Development. Experience working for or with firms such as IBM, BMC, or CA is a plus.Experience in managing alliances and/or relationships with complex accounts required.Comprehension of sales motion related to enterprise-grade information technology solutions.
- Program Management: Demonstrated experience and capabilities in leading, creating and managing partner initiatives — start-to-finish.
- Work Style: Must be a self-starter with proven ability to take initiative as well as balance competing priorities. Must have excellent follow-through, be able to work with minimal direction, and balance the requirements of multiple stakeholders within an organization. Must be flexible and enjoy working in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Other Skills: International skills, especially working with Latin America partners is a plus.
This position will report directly to the Senior Director of America’s Sales, but will have significant day-to-day interaction with a wide variety of cross functional team members (including Marketing, Sales, and Engineering)
This position is based in Syncsort’s HQ office located in Pearl River, NY. Periodic travel will be required to support business initiatives. Candidates with the proper skills level but located outside of New York Tri-State area will also be considered.