Business Development Director
East Coast, United States
Syncsort is seeking an experienced, senior-level Business Development Director for Data Integration in our Business Development department. The focus of this position will be to develop a variety partnerships around Big Data vendors and the Hadoop ecosystem. Our ideal candidate has a background in data integration, big data/Hadoop and business development. The candidate should have some field sales experience in their background, as interacting and working with the field sales team will be critical. Direct experience in the Information Management/BI/Data Warehousing space is not required but a plus.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Business Development Director will have significant day-to-day interaction with a wide variety of cross functional team members (including Marketing, Sales, and Engineering). Periodic travel will be required to support business initiatives.
- Thorough knowledge of partner/alliance management and strong ability to connect business strategy with specific opportunity development and progression.
- This specific position will be heavily engaged in our technology initiative focused on Hadoop and partnerships with the Hadoop distribution vendors. Candidate needs to have experience introducing new technologies to market and building a partner ecosystem around the new technology.
- Significant experience in working with other functional areas of the company including sales, engineering, product management, legal & marketing.
- Passionate about selling technology products, highly collaborative, versatile, and results-driven.
- Strong presentation skills, including the creation and customization of PPT presentations.
- Ability to build a business case inclusive of opportunity sizing, business model definition, and go-to-market strategy.
- Ability to manage a business development opportunity from identification through contracting and ongoing management against expected results
Required Skills & Experience:
- Identify target partner audience, positioning, segment specific message/content to the market, understand critical business issues, and determine the best methods to communicate in a compelling manner.
- Ability to build a comprehensive strategic partner relationship from the ground-up, and manage day-to-day operations.
- Utilize core product messaging and materials to build appropriate partner-specific materials working with product marketing.
- Manage existing Big Data partnerships and drive Partner Enablement through motivating the partner field sales, partner alliance management, and Syncsort sales & sales mgmt.
- Work collaboratively with sales team to align resources as needed.
- Reflect activity and progress in CRM in accordance with the business model of the partnerships, deliver regularly scheduled reviews of progress and metrics.
- Education: Business or Technical undergraduate degree required; MBA is a plus.
- Professional Experience: 10+ years sales and business development experience in a software development company. Minimum 3 years in sales and 5 years in business development. Experience in managing alliances and/or relationships with complex accounts required. Comprehension of sales motion related to enterprise-grade information technology solutions.
- Program Management: Demonstrated experience and capabilities in leading, creating and managing partner initiatives — start-to-finish.
- Work Style: Must be a self-starter with proven ability to take initiative as well as balance competing priorities. Must have excellent follow-through, be able to work with minimal direction, and balance the requirements of multiple stakeholders within an organization. Must be flexible and enjoy working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Preferred Experience: Experience in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, or Master Data Management fields. Knowledge of HADOOP, Spark, big data technologies are key.
The ideal candidate will be located on the East Coast. Candidates with the proper skills level but located outside of the desired East Coast area will also be considered. Periodic travel will be required to support business initiatives.