Big Data Product Manager
The Big Data Product Manager is a critical team member who is responsible for communicating new requirements and market needs, why these needs exist, and how a solution or product must function to meet these needs.
You will research new requirements and market opportunities, define and prioritize technology requirements and collaborate with internal teams to provide context around product changes based on your research, experience, and conversations with the market, clients and prospects. You will work closely with the VP Product Management, other product managers, and cross-functional stakeholders, as well as strategic partners, in helping to define and then execute on the product strategy. You must possess a unique blend of business and technology savvy, understand the “big-picture” vision, and possess the drive to make that vision a reality as changes are rolled out internationally. This is a highly collaborative role that interfaces with other areas of the organization including Engineering, Marketing and Field teams.
The Big Data Product Manager will oversee the Big Data Integration portfolio, currently comprised of Syncsort DMX, DMX-h and DMX Change Data Capture. Big Data is strategic, high-growth market, where Syncsort leads with differentiated solutions to access and integrate legacy data with next-generation technologies like Hadoop, as well as partnerships with marquee vendors such as Cloudera and Hortonworks.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
Critical Working Relationships
- Product Roadmap and Execution
- Through interaction with customers, prospects, partners and analysts, identify specific business process problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- Drive prioritization of resource investments to achieve financial targets, gain market share, increase customer retention and gain competitive advantage with next generation solutions.
- Work with Product Owners, Engineering, and Customers to define & validate Use Cases and User Stories in an agile environment.
- Drive execution of the Big Data product portfolio roadmap to deliver predictable and regular delivery of software releases.
- Foster innovation that champions ideas and initiatives for the entire product life cycle of Syncsort’s data integration solutions and services.
- Cultivate an agile and results-driven culture in which superior quality is expected and customer experiences are easy, intuitive and leading edge.
- Partner with internal teams including Engineering, Product Marketing, Marketing, Support, Professional Services and Sales to drive and execute on the following:
- market requirements
- solution positioning, including key benefits and competitive advantages
- go-to-market planning
- solution release
- sales execution
- key third-party influencers
- Launch new products and impactful new releases of products to drive customer interest, market awareness and ultimately pipeline.
- Drive internal roll out activities to ensure sales, marketing, services, support, and account management all understand new offerings in context.
- Continual product roadmap communication to the VP Product Management, executive team, and throughout the company
- Research unmet market needs to provide context and a deeper understanding of priority, value, functional requirements, acquisition, and competitive offerings.
- Work with Product Marketing to develop materials, contribute to analyst discussions, and deliver webinars.
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist for solutions offerings, occasionally working with the Sales channel, field teams, partners and key customers. Support marketing programs as subject matter expert.
- Recommend new pricing and packaging alternatives for both traditional on-premises licenses and SaaS offerings.
- Suggest and work with new & existing technology and business partners.
Qualification, Knowledge and Skills
- This position will work closely with all functional teams including Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Pre-Sales, Alliances/Channels, Professional Services, Support, Finance, Legal.
- Ability to work with existing customers, prospective customers and partners
- Strong communication skills to the Product Management team and the Executive team
- BS degree in a related field; MS preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Pragmatic Marketing or equivalent exposure preferred
Measures of Performance
- 5+ years of experience in a software organization with 3+ years of Product Management experience preferred.
- Self-starter with strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Significant understanding of enterprise software technologies.
- Significant understanding of data, data processing, data integration, and Big Data.
- Experience as a business analyst, business consultant, or systems consultant a plus.
- This position requires 20-25% limited travel to in North America and possibly Europe.
- Product line profitability
- Ability to define and launch impactful new product releases
- Ability to help Sales and Partners meet our revenue and sales annual goals
- Seen as Big Data product leader internally and externally
- Thrive in and instill a fast-paced product development environment.
- Success and goal achievement is in your DNA.
- Your enthusiasm for team building is contagious and allows others to follow your lead.