Accounts Assistant - United Kingdom
Haslemere, Surrey, United Kingdom
An opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join an expanding international software company reporting to the UK Financial Controller.
With involvement in all aspects of day to day accounts this is a great opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career. Key skills include an attention to detail, accuracy and an analytical approach to the varied requirements together with a sound understanding of the fundamentals of double-entry bookkeeping and account reconciliation.
This is a challenging and varied role which offers excellent exposure to a variety of accounting functions including sales ledger, purchase ledger, credit control, and account reconciliations. This role includes -
- Sales Ledger - Raising invoices, sending invoices to customers and following up if payments are not received within payment terms.
- Purchase Ledger - Posting supplier invoices on the system as well as being the accounts contact for suppliers in case of query.
- Banking - Post payments/receipts to creditors/debtor ledgers, inter account transfers, reconcile bank accounts, cash flow management.
- Ad-hoc - Reconcile petty cash and post, fixed asset register maintenance and other office administration as required.
- Manage company credit cards and employee expenses.
- Other responsibilities as required.
The role will be based at the company’s Haslemere, Surrey office, but occasional travel to other UK offices may be required.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience; be computer literate, ideally with experience of MS Dynamics software including Great Plains; and have good knowledge of MS Excel & Word. First class English language skills both written and spoken are essential. Full-time or part-time opportunity.